Fate: The Winx Saga Wiki
Advertisement

Iginio Straffi is an Italian animator. He co-owns the Rainbow studio alongside ViacomCBS Winxlink.png (which also owns Nickelodeon Winxlink.png). Straffi is the creator of the original Winx Club Winxlink.png series.

Unlike the animated installments, Iginio Straffi is not credited in any creative role on Fate: The Winx Saga. In the end credits, his only mention is "Based on the Winx Club series by Iginio Straffi." Brian Young is the creator, showrunner, and executive producer for Fate.

Life and Career

While at university, Straffi published his first comic in a 1985 issue of Tilt. He continued to work as a comic book illustrator through the 1990s. In 1995, Straffi founded the Rainbow studio, and in 2004, his creation Winx Club premiered in Italy. The series became internationally successful and attracted the attention of the American media company Viacom, owner of Nickelodeon and Paramount Pictures. Viacom eventually became a co-owner of Rainbow in February 2011, purchasing 30% of the studio and leaving the remaining 70% to Straffi. As of 2019, Straffi continues to work in creative roles at Rainbow, but he has shifted his focus from animation to live action. Among his first live-action works was Nickelodeon's Club 57.

External Links

References

Advertisement