Queen Luna is a recurring antagonist from Fate: The Winx Saga. She is the reigning monarch of the fairy realm of Solaria and the mother of Princess Stella, is popularly known as the Queen of Light and is one of the most powerful fairies in all the realms. Cold, calculating, ruthless and uncompromising, Luna values strength, obedience and decisiveness above all else. Her desire for Stella to become strong and be the perfect representation of Solaria led her to emotionally abuse her daughter for years by controlling every aspect of her life, forcing Stella to utilise negative emotions to fuel her magic instead of positive ones. At the end of the first semester of Stella's second year, Luna takes a more involved role in the running of Alfea alongside Rosalind.
She is portrayed by Kate Fleetwood.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Throughout Throughout the Series
- 3 Personality
- 4 Appearance
- 5 Magical Powers and Abilities
- 6 Relationships
- 7 Appearances
- 8 Changes from Winx Club
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Gallery
- 11 Navigation
- 12 References
Virtually nothing is known about Luna's early life including her marital status, anything her family as a whole or about Stella's father. What is known is that she attended Alfea in her youth and that Stella was born approximately seventeen years prior to the start of the series.
Throughout Throughout the Series
In "Some Wrecked Angel", Luna comes to Alfea to address the students but also to visit Stella and check up on her progress. Later that afternoon, Luna addresses the student body to warn them about the return of the Burned Ones.
That evening, in Farah's office, Stella demonstrates her improvements in controlling her magic but Luna is unimpressed and dismissive of Farah's teaching methods as too soft and coddling. When Stella tries to protest, Luna intimidates her into silence with a powerful illusion demonstration. After sending Stella away, Farah argues that Luna's methods are too harsh and unreliable and implores the queen to be patient but Luna rebuffs her, demanding that Stella must be fixed as fast as possible for the good of Solaria.
Fed up with Stella's slow progress under Farah, Luna ultimately decides to remove Stella from Alfea, against her express wishes, and takes her home to Solaria to be her tutor once more.
In "Whither Into the Truth", it is revealed that Stella barely spent a week at home before she ran away and back to Alfea, using her power of invisibility to keep herself hidden from her friends. Luna deploys the whole Solarian army to look for her which in turn results in the forces chasing the Burned Ones becoming severely depleted.
She is very controlling, especially towards Stella.
Magical Powers and Abilities
Basic Fairy Abilities
- Channeling: Like every fairy, Luna possesses the ability to channel her own emotions as a source of power to fuel her magic. She also has the ability to channel the Stone Circle.
- Eye-Color Shifting: Once Luna's powers are in use, her eyes shift to a yellow color.
Light Fairy Abilities
- Photokinesis: Luna has shown considerable mastery over photokinesis, being able to effortlessly adjust the lighting in the Alfea College Courtyard.
- Astral Projection: Luna is shown to possess astral projection as she projected herself to converse with Farah Dowling.
- Illusion Manipulation: Luna is very skilled in this craft, being able to cast illusions upon others:
- Illusion Inducement: Whilst Luna was demonstrating her mastery over her alignment in Some Wrecked Angel, she induces Stella under an illusion placing her daughter in a forest.
- Illusion Barrier: In an attempt to mask the events and casualties which occurred at Aster Dell, Luna placed an illusion barrier over the perimeter. Sixteen years later this barrier was temporarily severed by Beatrix.
Changes from Winx Club