"People expect me to care how I look."
- 1 Biography
- 2 Throughout Throughout the Series
- 3 Personality
- 4 Appearance
- 5 Magical Powers and Abilities
- 6 Equipment
- 7 Relationships
- 8 Appearances
- 9 Changes from Winx Club
- 10 Trivia
- 11 Gallery
- 12 Navigation
- 13 References
From a young age, she was tutored by her mother to be the strongest and never to be shown as weak. Prior to the beginning of Season 1, Stella was studying her fairy magic with her mother, who was obsessed with her having power. Initially using positive emotions to channel magic, Luna decided that Stella's magic wasn't powerful enough, and so quickly taught her to use negative emotions. This resulted in her losing control of her power and accidentally blinding her best friend Ricki. Not wanting to show her weakness, her mother told everyone that it was done on purpose, as being a powerful psychopath was better than losing control and blinding someone on accident. Luna then sent her to Alfea, where Farah was instructed to rehabilitate Stella so that she would not lose control, but would still be powerful.
Throughout Throughout the Series
Having already broken up with Sky, Stella starts the new year welcoming her new suitemates as she is a student mentor. Seeing her initial interaction with Sky, Stella is jealous of Bloom, and by the end of her first day lends her her gateway ring as a way to get her home. Her connection with Sky however is still prominent, as she goes to him for comfort once the other suitemates and Headmistress Dowling go to save Bloom.
After learning that Bloom had lost her ring, Stella becomes worried, as the ring is a family heirloom and her mother would not be happy that she lost it. As a result, she lashes out at Bloom and the others to help retrieve the ring without letting the headmistress know.
Throughout the series, she is seen being distant and cold toward her roommates as the pressures of being a princess lead her to isolate herself from all others except Sky. She continues a relationship with Sky, constantly worrying about his relationship with Bloom and whether or not he truly cares for her. After her mother's interaction with Stella and Farah in the Headmistress' office, Luna makes Stella feel week, telling her she should be able to do magic far more advanced than making a rainbow. She immediately goes to Sky for comfort, however, Sky is upset with her. After telling Riven about Bloom's changeling status during a party, he spreads the information throughout the school. Sky, becoming worried about Bloom, finds out that it was Stella who informed Riven and finally ends his relationship with her.
In the beginning of the series, it's shown that Stella is very uptight as well as somewhat snooty. She appears to be very focused on her appearance as well as the way others view her. This is especially evident in the scene from To the Waters and the Wild, where she claims to change her outfit multiple times a day.
Stella is also established to easily become jealous if a person happens to show romantic interest in her previous love interest, Sky. Further shown in the aforementioned first episode where Stella decides to give Bloom her Gateway Ring to teleport back to the First World, not explaining to her the potential dangers that could arise. She is later shown to have felt guilty about this thanks to Musa's mind powers and admits to giving away the ring. While the other girls, go on with the Headmistress Dowling to the First World to assist Bloom, Stella goes to Sky for comfort, know that the other girls are upset with her.
In the second episode No Strangers Here, after learning the fate of her ring, Stella is extremely adamant about retrieving her ring, Not wanting to upset her mother, going as far as to actively lash out against her roommates when they suggest asking the Headmistress for assistance. When she forges a plan to retrieve the ring from the Burned One, she specifically guilt trips Bloom into going with her, due to her being the reason it had been lost to begin with. Later on in the episode, she attempts to help Bloom with her magic by taunting her failures and mistakes at a borderline sadistic level, claiming that negative emotions will bring out the most power.
During the mission, when Aisha decides to accompany bloom to make sure her powers don't cause trouble, Stella is noticeably very reluctantly to let her come. When they get to the captured Burned One's prison and find out it's escaped, Stella becomes noticeably worried about upsetting her mother. When her and Aisha go deeper into the forest to attempt to locate Bloom, she tries to use her light magic to brighten the forest, only to find it doesn't work. Aisha quick grows impatient and tells her to go back to Alfea. Once she arrives, Stella confesses what happens to Sky and that she couldn't use her magic in the forest, obviously very worried. At the end, when Bloom gives her back the ring, she quickly says they should never speak of the matter again.
She is a beautiful blonde with porcelain skin.
Magical Powers and Abilities
Basic Fairy Abilities
- Channeling: Like every fairy, Stella possesses the ability to channel her own emotions as a source of power to fuel her magic. She also has the ability to channel the Stone Circle.
- Eye-Color Shifting: Once Stella's powers are in use her eyes shift to a yellow color.
Light Fairy Abilities
- Photokinesis: Stella possesses the ability to generate and manipulate light. She applies this in many ways through creating light to hover over her, generate light and a variety of colors in the palms of hands.
- Light Dispersion/Color Generation: In Some Wrecked Angel, the lesson Miss Dowling, Stella used her powers to change the color of the light created by it.
- Invisibility: Another application of Stella's powers is to render herself unseen and become invisible by bending the light surrounding her. Once she is in this state she is able to move around without being observed. She used this power to reside in the Winx Suite for several days without being detected.
- Gateway Ring: As the heir to the throne of Solaria, Stella possesses the family heirloom of Solaria. This ring enables the user to travel through different realms. In To the Waters and the Wild, Bloom uses the ring to visit Gardenia. Stella often uses the ring in order to escape the occurrences of the Otherworld. The ring possesses very significant value as it was imperative that it was retrieved from one of the Burned Ones.
Stella's relationship with her mother is strained. It is revealed in the first season that when Stella was young and being tutored positive emotions did not help her harness as much power as negative emotions did, so Luna forced Stella to focus on negative emotions. But negative emotions made Stella's magic erratic, which caused her to accidentally blind her friend Ricki. Luna, then to keep up the appearance of being strong and in control, made everyone believe that Stella did not lose control but instead blinded Ricki on purpose.
Ricki does not appear in the show, but some facts are know about her because of conversations about and with Stella. Ricki was Stella's best friend who was blinded by Stella's magic when she lost control of it. Luna, Stella's mother, made everyone think that Stella blinded Ricki on purpose because she was flirting with Sky, Stella's boyfriend at the time, which made Stella blind her on purpose. It is not known if Ricki is still at Alfea or not.
Sky was Stella's boyfriend. They eventually break up. Twice.
- To the Waters and the Wild
- No Strangers Here
- Heavy Mortal Hopes
- Some Wrecked Angel
- Wither Into The Truth
- A Fanatic Heart
Changes from Winx Club
- Stella is the oldest member in the group.
- Netflix created a spotify playlist for the character.
- "Boys can be fairies - it's the 21st century": How Fate: The Winx Saga finds the reality in fantasy. The Guardian. December 10, 2020.
- Quenhé vc na fila das Winx? Responda com um emoji:
Bloom 🔥 = Fogo
Aisha 💦 = Água
Terra 🌿 = Terra
Stella ✨ = Luz
Musa 🧠 = Mente
Beatrix 💨 = Ar
Minha nova série com essas fadas perfeitas chega dia 22 de janeiro.. Netflix Brasil. Twitter. December 10, 2020.
- The Fairies' Path